Over at In the Mouth of Dorkness, I do a very brief overview on:
- getting artists to draw your stories
- learning to letter your own stories
- formatting your books, especially if you include prose, like me
- some artistic advice regarding covers
- brief thoughts on branding yourself
And a bunch of other stuff. It's pretty bare bones, as these topics could take up thousands of words, if you wanted to get into the real nitty-gritty of it all. but there are links to places that will help expand your knowledge on the topics at hand, and it gives you a good jumping off point to get your own comics, and comics writing portfolio (read: printed copies of your stories, drawn and lettered, NOT just the scripts).
You can check it out HERE. And, again, take a while to browse the site. Matt & Brad are doing some great stuff at the "Mouth," and if you like all things geek and sundry, you'll enjoy the site.